A saree is such a versatile piece of Indian clothing. It can be style and worn in almost endless number of ways. If you are wondering how to wear saree then you can check this blog post were we have listed different saree wearing styles like half saree, lehenga saree, dhoti saree, marathi style, etc.
How to Wear Saree in Different Styles
How To Wear a Half Saree
A half saree is a popular style among younger women, especially during festivals and ceremonies. To drape one, follow these steps:
1. While wearing a half saree, the pleats are not required to be created.
2. Wear your blouse and the skirt.
3. Drape the saree around the skirt by tucking one end into the lehenga, taking the other end to the left shoulder.
4. Allow the pallu to fall freely down your back and secure it with a pin.
5. Complete the look with traditional jewelry and accessories.
How To Wear Saree in Lehenga Style
The saree in lehenga style offers a fusion of the traditional saree and lehenga choli. To drape it, follow these steps:
1. Begin by tucking one end of the saree into the petticoat, slightly to the left of your navel.
2. Take the pallu and drape it from back to front over your left shoulder.
3. Wrap the remaining fabric around your waist like a skirt and secure it with pins.
4. Adjust the pallu length to your liking and let it flow gracefully.
How To Wear Dhoti Saree
The dhoti saree combines the grace of a saree with the comfort of dhoti pants. To drape it, follow these steps:
1. Start by tucking one end of the saree into the petticoat, slightly to the right of your navel.
2. Create pleats with the remaining fabric and tuck them into the waistband, allowing the pleats to fall in the center.
3. Drape the pleated portion between your legs, like a dhoti, and tuck it into the back of the petticoat.
4. Take the pallu and drape it over your left shoulder.
How To Wear Marathi Style Saree
The Marathi saree drape adds a touch of elegance and tradition to your look. To drape it, follow these steps:
1. Put one end of the saree into the center of the petticoat, just to the right of the navel. Make sure the saree has floor-length pleats that are falling to the right.
2. Bring the saree back to the front after wrapping it once around your torso from right to left.
3. The remaining saree length should fall behind your back when you drape it over your left shoulder.
4. Make pallu pleats and ring the saree around the waist towards the front. Put a pin over your left shoulder to secure it.
How To Wear a Banarasi Saree
The Banarasi saree is renowned for its opulence and intricate designs, making it a popular choice for weddings and special occasions. To drape a Banarasi saree, follow these steps:
1. Begin by tucking one end of the saree into the petticoat, slightly to the right of your navel.
2. Make sure the saree is even in length, and start making pleats at the center of the saree, about 4-5 inches wide.
3. Tuck the pleats into the waistband neatly, allowing them to flow towards your left.
4. Take the remaining fabric and drape it around your waist, making sure it covers the front pleats.
5. Cross the pallu gently over your left shoulder and across your arm.
6. Pin the pallu to the shoulder to secure it in place, ensuring it doesn’t slip.
7. The Banarasi saree is known for its elaborate borders, so make sure to showcase the intricate work in the pleats and pallu.
How To Style Saree in Different Ways
There are various creative and contemporary ways to style a saree. Let’s explore a few of these stylish saree drapes:
Simple Draping With Puff-Sleeved Blouse: You can drape an embroidered saree with a stylish puff-sleeved blouse and accessorize with traditional jewellery to amp up the look.
Simple Drape with a Western Blouse: A plain saree paired with a western style blouse and minimal makeup is all you need to rock any social event.
Pastel Saree with Sleeveless Blouse: Pastel outfits are the new normal and to top it up, a pastel saree with a sleeveless blouse is the perfect attire for that office party you are willing to attend.
Halter Neck Blouse For the Win: A halter neck blouse amps up your saree look and this look with a printed saree is sure to make heads turn.
Bordered Brightness: A blue saree wit sleek silver border saree paired up with turtle neck blouse with no makeup look and statement accessories is definitely a glamorous one to rock any night event.
The saree is not just a piece of clothing; it is an embodiment of tradition, culture, and timeless beauty. With various saree wearing styles and creative twists, you can experiment and express your personal style while adorning this exquisite garment.